Non-Travel Reimbursements

Non-travel reimbursements for University business related purchases can be charged to internally funded accounts as well as grants and contracts. These expenses can be originally paid out-of-pocket by the employee or with a GEMS card (if available). Original receipts are required for any non-grant expenses over $75, but retention and submission of all receipts is encouraged. Original receipts are required for all grant expenses and business meals. Each expense must be itemized regardless of whether a receipt is required for it (see Supporting Documentation Policy). All reimbursements for students should be accompanied with a Student Certification for Business Related Reimbursement form.

Note: Benefits eligible employees should use GEMS for reimbursements of out-of-pocket expenses, all others should use ePayment requests or Service Now portal as applicable.

To learn more about how non travel reimbursement, please contact your assigned Business Manager or the SSD LBC at, and the Business Manager assigned to your accounts will get in touch with you within two business days.